Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good Bye John Bateman


We recently lost our friend John Bateman. You know, we never referred to him as just John -- it was always and by everyone - John Bateman. I really don't know how to express how sad we feel. But, his step daughter, and our dear young friend, Rebecca put out these words, so I thought I would share:

We never know where life is going to go,
Nor what turns it'll take as we grow.
Sometimes, there are surprises and unexpected shifts,
Some are heartbreaking, and some are gifts.
But there's not much you can do, but simply hold on,
And accept that what is done, is one
And if tomorrow you were to walk back through that door,
There'd be so many things into your soul I'd pour
And remind you of what you had here at home, where you belong.
This is all so unexpected; you were the one to always be so strong
Everyone questions the mistakes they could have fixed while you were still here,
But I know the last thing you wanted was for any of us to shed one tear.
Each memory and place you took us, will outlive the life you left behind
The vacations we took, and the laughs we shared, I doubt will leave anyone's mind.
The camping trips, the plane trips and the road trips we endured
Leave stories and good times the camera never quite captured
Not a day will pass us by without missing you more than the last
Maybe the hardest part is knowing your end came too fast.
But whatever it was you were looking for, I hope you found
Because there's no doubt in my mind its heaven you are bound.
Rebecca Brennan

No comments: