Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July to America!!!











Everyone, Happy Independence Day!!! It really means a lot right now, with the war in Iraq and everything else that is going on in our great Country right now. I think we are all affected in different ways, but, hopefully we were all able to celebrate this year and enjoy some old traditions and maybe even created some new traditions. Well, as example -- we received a text message today wishing us a Happy Independence Day -- text messaging..... that's something new! It was from cousin Emily -- what a neat surprise :)
I'm always homesick this time of year for all of the 'goings on' in Bismarck -- huh, Cindy! It's just not the same here - still good, but different. Bob and I live in a 'new' town -- we just celebrated 25 years, so they are trying to start traditions and events, but without sounding too critical - it's a slow start! We did have a parade however, and I've included pictures..... I think I counted just 4 floats and NO BANDS! They did have the Highlands Ranch Community Chorus however.... although I think they were lip-singing. I may look them up, and I just might become a member. What the heck! We had 1 set of baton twirlers (remember, no band), and we also had a group of cheer leaders - (no band). It's all right, a new effort for a young town!!
Without further boredom, here are some pictures. Let's see, I had to take a picture of myself because my loving husband isn't into parades like I am, so I was there by myself :) The other pictures are of one of the floats in the parade (local quilting society) and in the other picture, if you look close under the white canopy -- Knights of Columbus!!!!! However, I believe they are from Englewood, we had to borrow. We're still growing!!
Lastly, Bob and I enjoyed a FANTASTIC fireworks show at the Rockies Game last night, and I tried to capture the excitement. AND THE ROCKIES WON!! 11 - 3.
Happy July 4th.

No comments: